Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hell Week Movie Review 147




Okay, the first thing to say about this movie is that it is baaaddd...I have seen some cheap movies in my time, but this one takes the cake. Think Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a warehouse and you have summed up Hell Week.

There is an old abandoned warehouse in which people are being killed.It is near Halloween and some college students are having a party on Hell Week. They want their pledges to go to the abandoned warehouse that is associated with the disappearances of young people. So bascially, this movie is about various college students wandering into the warehouse and meeting a weird family of killers led by some guy in a mask. I think that this film borrows heavily from Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes, but the problem is that it isn't entertaining at all. The camera work is amateurish and maybe this was intentional, but I just didn't like it.

It wasn't all bad, though. There were some funny moments and I laughed. Whether the movie is meant to be tongue in cheek I don't know, but I did think that it was hilariously bad in some places. I think that it was bad, but then again, so are a lot of horror movies released these days. I know that it sounds cliche, but they don't make 'em  like they used to. This movie is a classic example of new horror movies which rely on gore and blood spilling and have little plot, acting or suspense. But, if you like that kind of movie, then watch this. Don't let me put you off...It just wasn't for me, that's all. There isn't much more I can say about this except that it was poor. I will be kind and give it a 3/10.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin