Friday, September 30, 2016

Fatal Games Movie Review 414






Fatal Games is a 1984 horror movie directed by Michael Elliot and starring Sally Kirkland and Lynn Banashek.


This film begins in the Falcon Academy of Athletics. The athletes are working out and trying to get into the nationals. There are a close group of pals there and they are all young and talented. Sounds great? Well, hang on. Somebody is going around the academy killing students with a javelin(yes a javelin). People start to disappear around the place nobody seems that worried about them at first.
There are some shots of bare chested women of course as the killer prowls the halls waiting for the next victim.


If you are wondering why my review of this movie is a little short I will tell you why. There is not much to this film. There is some horrendous music during the killing scenes and not much happens during the movie. The person with the javelin is wearing a tracksuit and doesn't scare you one bit.
I did like the javelin deaths as it made me laugh but other than that, this movie is dull, dull, dull.
The 'twist' turns out to be that the nurse at the academy is the killer and she was killing them because 
she failed at her own sporting career. Groan.


I found that I really didn't care if these people got killed. I didn't really have any sympathy for them and it was tedious after a while. It is a by-the-numbers slasher and I do love slasher movies, but this is below par. I love 80's horror movies and that is why I gave this a chance. A mediocre movie with a silly ending. Only watch if you like bad horror movies. I will give it a 3/10.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin