Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Fave Horror Movies!

Well, Amanda here again. This time, I am going to discuss my all time favourite horror movies. As you know, I have a keen interest in fear and suffering. These movies are something for those boring Sunday afternoons. There is nothing like a little screaming to make you feel warm inside....

So, let me start with a film I have always enjoyed- Poltergeist(1982). This film was directed by a favourite of mine, Tobe Hooper and written by Steven Spielberg. Not a likely combination.
But anyway, I like this movie because it is an old-fashioned ghost story really. Family moves into house, house is haunted by unseen forces. Little girl can talk to them, things begin to move in the house, suggesting that the family are not alone. It isn't scary as such, but there are plenty of good moments like when the furniture begins to move in the kitchen or Carol Ann gets sucked into the t.v.

It's good fun and a classic in my collection. It stars Craig T. Nelson and JoBeth Williams. There were two sequels, but they weren't as good as the original. When are they ever? Well, that is all for the moment. I shall be back again with more classic horror movies. Come back and visit, if you dare.....

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin