Monday, October 11, 2010

Amanda's Horror Years -1976


So, I am back with another selection of delights from a year in horror. This time it is 1976. I looked around to find all of the movies which I loved from this year and some which were not so great. There were some classics but overall, this was not the best year for horror....

I have to start with the most famous ones of course. Carrie was released in this year and this is a movie based on the novel by Stephen King and directed by Brian De Palma. Carrie is a lonely outcast at school but she has special powers that people have no idea about and when they try to hurt her, she strikes back! The Omen was also released in 1976 and this is a real classic which needs very little introduction. I love this movie and it has a place in the best horror movies of all time....Eraserhead was released this year too and it was a weird movie. I saw it and it was with me for a long time afterward. It might not be a traditional horror movie but it is creepy in its own way.

Some other movies which surfaced this year were Burnt Offerings about a haunted house, Jack the Ripper,Death Weekend,Snuff, To The Devil A Daughter, The Town that Dreaded Sundown. There were some other notable movies released such as The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane, Bloodsucking Freaks, Island of the Damned and Communion(This movie was later released as Alice Sweet Alice just to clear up any confusion.). In case that was not enough, the creature features were popular this year too with the release of Dogs, Grizzly, Creature from Black Lake and Squirm which kind of explains itself!!!

So, that is all I have come up with from 1976. Don't hesitate to let me know your favourites and if I have left any out!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin