Thursday, March 21, 2013

Buried Alive Movie Review 280




  
Buried Alive is a 2007 horror movie directed by Robert Kurtzman and starring Terence Jay, Leah Rachel and Tobin Bell.


Zane(Jay) is a college student who is going up to an old house owned by his family for the weekend. He
brings along his friend Phil, his cousin Renee(Rachel), his pal Danny(Steve Sandvoss) and two sorority pledges, Julie and Laura. They meet the caretaker of the place, Lester(Bell) who lives close by the house.
He is a weirdo and he was digging in the basement before they came. He was looking for gold which is meant to be buried there. Zane's great grandfather was suspected of killing his wife and burying her alive.
Renee has a necklace with a design on it that Zane gave to her. It belonged to the wife who was supposed to have been buried alive.It was found in the ashes of the great grandfathers house which burned down.
Zane begins seeing an old woman with a axe who looks evil and of course you know that she is the ghost or whatever of the wife who was murdered and she is looking for revenge on the descendants of her husband who killed her..
 

The rest of the film revolves around the kids getting murdered etc and the old woman showing up looking menacing. It is a mediocre film at best and there wasn't much to it. Tobin Bell was someway entertaining as Lester, but the rest of the cast were crap to put it bluntly. It was not a good film and I found myself looking at how much was left before I gave up on it. I hung in there and watched it all, but it isn't one that I would recommend. Silly and irritating after a while, this one gets a 3/10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A well deserved score. I thought it would be an interesting spin on a subject that has haunted me since reading Poe's story as a child. Instead I found myself fast forwarding so I could see how horribly it ended.

Amanda said...

Yes it was pretty awful. It is a pity because I was looking forward to it but it wasn't worth the wait!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin