Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Twin Peaks Return!




As you may have already heard, the cult TV show Twin Peaks is returning to our screens in 2016. David Lynch and Mark Frost will be at the forefront of it and it is initially going to be nine episodes.
Somehow, I think that if the show is a success, there will be more episodes. I also hope that a lot of the original cast return. While I don't mind some new faces, I am a die hard fan and want to see all of the townsfolk I remember from the original series. The fact that Lynch is doing it himself is a good thing. If someone else was at the helm, I would be horrified.


I loved this show from the first time I saw it which was almost 20 years ago, if not more. I think that it is my favourite TV show of all time and I love the first and second seasons, even if there are flaws with the second one. I really thought that the network ruined the show because they forced Lynch to reveal the killer way too soon. Hopefully, Lynch and Frost will get to do the new show THEIR way and finish it right. I really hope that this show will be atmospheric as the first one was, with some weird and wonderful characters. Of course, Agent Cooper will have to be at the forefront of it and I don't know what they will do about BOB as Frank Silva has passed away as has Don Davis who was Major Briggs and Jack Nance who was Pete Martell.


The big question is will Laura Palmer show up too? I would think that she will be written in somewhere. Maybe there will be some flashbacks or flashforwards, who knows? All I know is that it is looking good and for all the Twin Peaks fans who have always wondered what happened to Agent Cooper and co., then this is going to be a great TV show. Bring it on!!!!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin