Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Train To Busan Movie Review 462






Train to Busan is a 2016 South Korean horror movie directed by Yeon Sang-ho and starring Gong Yoo, Jung Yu-mi, Kim Su-an and Ma Dong-seok.


Seok-woo(Yoo) is a young guy who is obsessed with his work. He has a young daughter called Soo-an(Su-an) who wants to go and visit her mother in Busan. Seok- woo is going to take her there on the train. He hasn't been the best dad to his daughter. There are others on the train too such as tough guy Sang-hwa(Ma Dong-seok) and his pregnant wife, Seong-kyeong(Yu-mi) and a sneaky businessman called Yon-suk(Kim Eui-sung). There are also a baseball team on board and a homeless man. A girl comes onto the train and she is not well. She looks very sick. She turns into one of the undead and she attacks people on the train and they start turning into zombies. The train is filled with nasty, flesh eating zombies.


Some of the passengers realise what is happening and they run to another carriage. They see that there is some sort of epidemic happening in the city and they can't stop the train as the undead are everywhere. The train has to keep going. Seok-woo, his daughter and Sang-hwa and his wife are trying to find somewhere to hide. They close the train doors between them and the zombies and they realise that if the undead can't see them, they won't attack. They have to fight their way through the train and they kill many zombies in the process. But,some of the passengers get caught by the zombies and they have to get off of the train.


The rest of the movie consists of the survivors trying to escape and find sanctuary. I don't want to give away the ending of the movie so I will leave it there. This movie is surprisingly emotional in parts and Su-an does a great job as the daughter. She is sweet and innocent and it makes you really feel for her in the horrible situation that occurs. This was very tense with some brilliant action scenes. The zombies are great and this is a really well made movie. I haven't seen many Korean movies, to be honest, but this is so good that I would like to see more. It is a superior horror movie and I liked the cast. There was no dead wood here. I enjoyed the story and the ending had real poignancy, I felt.
Some of the scenes were heartbreaking and I would certainly recommend this as it's one of the best zombie films that I have seen in quite some time. It gets an 8/10.


2 comments:

Susan Leighton said...

I have heard terrific things about how great this movie is. I watched the trailer and I have to say, I was caught up in the action. You could tell how well written, directed and acted this film is because I could get a sense of what was happening without seeing the entire film. It was just enough to entice. You did a wonderful job with the review. Just enough info with no spoilers.

Amanda said...

Thanks, this film took me by surprise. I had heard something about it before I watched it, but I didn't think that I would enjoy it so much. Great action and the story has real emotion which is rare enough for a zombie film. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin