Monday, February 22, 2010

Whiteout Movie Review 105

 

This movie is based on a comic book of the same name. It stars Kate Beckinsale and Tom Skerritt. It is directed by Dominic Sena who also directed Kalifornia and Gone in 60 Seconds.
Whiteout begins with a flashback to 1957 and two pilots are flying over the Antarctic. There is some shooting and the plane crashes. There is a locked box inside. Cut to Antarctica, present day at a U.S. Science Base. Marshal Carrie Stetko(Beckinsale) is quitting and heading back to America. The six months of darkness is coming as winter closes in. A body is found in the show and Carrie has to investigate it. The body is of a man who happens to be a geologist. Carrie and her team are baffled as to what he was doing out in the middle of nowhere.The doctor, John Fury(Skerritt) has a look at the body back at the base. He sees that it was no accident.They have to investigate the murder.

So begins all of the twists and turns as they try to find the killer who is aware that she is onto him and who follows her when she travels to another camp to find answers. The killer strikes, but fails to kill Carrie. A UN operative shows up to help her with the investigation and they try to find out the truth. They discover that the people who killed the geologist were looking for something in the ice.It all has something to do with that crashed plane. She manages to fall down a hole with the operative and they manage to escape.Then, there is a confusing twist and another turn and at this point, I began to get irritated with this movie. I just really lost interest near the end and I didn't really give a crap who the killer was.


So, all in all, this movie was poor. The premise was good and there was a lot of promise in this movie until it got bogged down with so many twists and turns. I like a good mystery, but this just had too much going on and then there was the fact that in the snow, everyone looked the same and I couldn't tell who was who. A poor movie which I would not recommend. It gets a low 3/10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again for the review. I believe I will skip on this one, and since it was one I wanted to see, you saved me a few dollars and some time.

I watched a trippy movie the other day that I don't think has been reviewed here- Surveillance.

Might be worth your time, I'd like to see what you think of it.

Jigsaw said...

Hi Tony,
Yes I remember that movie and it has been reviewed here! I think how a person feels about it depends on how soon they realise the twist.If you think of it early the movie seems bad but if you dont it wll seem good.

Heres the review!

Surveillance

Blog Widget by LinkWithin