Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Amanda's Horror Years-1977

So, I am back with another horror year this week. 1977 was a great year because it was the year I was born and there were some classic horror movies around too!Let's have a look at some classics which were released in this year...

Firstly, a masterpiece of horror was made and released in 1977. Suspiria is one of the best horror movies ever made and a personal favourite of mine. There is everything in this movie- an unknown killer, creepy music and a really great story. I love this movie and it is a real shame that it is going to be remade. Read my review here. Another horror classic released was The Hills Have Eyes which I have reviewed here. Wes Craven was spot on with this cannibal classic. It is just a great horror movie and I sound like an old person now, but they don't make them like this anymore!!I love The Hills Have Eyes because it is a simple story made well. Craven was a great director but I am not sure he still has the same edge he had when he made this movie. Eaten Alive is another movie which surfaced this year and it was directed by Tobe Hooper. I have reviewed that here. It wasn't too bad. Sometimes the low budget movies can be better than those with lots of money invested in them...

David Lynch brought out one of his weirdest movies ever in 1977. Eraserhead stars Jack Nance and it is about a man called Henry who is stuck with a mutant child and he has to look after it and listen to its horrible screams. This is a strange and slightly disturbing movie, but it is a cult classic nonetheless.There was a decent offering from David Cronenberg called Rabid which is about a woman who has plastic surgery after being in an accident and she becomes bloodthirsty and begins to hunt for human flesh. Shock was another horror and this was directed by Mario Bava. George A. Romero brought us a movie called Martin about a young man who believes that he is a vampire... Audrey Rose starred Anthony Hopkins and dealt with the subject of reincarnation. Exorcist 2: The Heretic appeared this year and Linda Blair was in that movie too....

So, there you have the best horrors of 1977 as I see it. Let me know if you have any comments or anything to add. I am always interested to know what other people like...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin